NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, PROOF OF PURCHASE OR ENTRY FEE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER AND ENTRY TO THE SWEEPSTAKES IS FREE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES to WIN. ENTRY OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER ON DATE OF ENTRY. Void IN ALASKA, HAWAII, PUERTO RICO, all US territories and possessions AND whereVER ELSE prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with TWITTER.
1) SWEEPSTAKES TIMING: The Continental Tire 2016 What’Cha Got Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) starts September 6, 2015 at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time (ET) and ends November 12, 2015 at 11:59:59 PM ET (the "Sweepstakes Entry Period"). Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
2) ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is offered and open only to persons legally residing in the 48 contiguous United States or District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age on the date of entry in this Sweepstakes. Officers, directors and employees of Continental Tire the Americas, LLC. (“Sponsor”) and its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, distributors, advertising, promotional and judging agencies, persons engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and the immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, IRS dependent and spouse of each) of and/or persons living in the same household as such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate. This Sweepstakes is void in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and wherever else prohibited by law. U.S. law governs this Sweepstakes.
3) HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Entry Period, entrants must post their tweet on Twitter to Continental Tire telling them which Major League Soccer (MLS) player they think they could beat in the 2016 What’Cha Got competition and include the tag: @ContinentalTire #WhatChaGotMLS #Entry.
There are only two (2) methods of entry for this Sweepstakes:
Twitter Method: To become a registered member of Twitter, with accounts that are free of charge, go to www.twitter.com and follow the instructions to become a registered member and create an account. By submitting your information and creating an account, you agree to the Twitter Terms of Service and privacy notice located at: https://twitter.com/tos. Once logged into your Twitter account you can tweet on Twitter to Continental Tire telling them which MLS player you think you could beat in the 2016 What’Cha Got competition and include the tag: @ContinentalTire #WhatChaGotMLS #Entry during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. In order for the Entry to be valid, Twitter profile must be public and thus viewable by the Sponsor and its agents. If you submit your Entry or receive updates from twitter.com via SMS from your wireless phone, you may be charged standard text messaging rates, airtime and carrier charges for text messages sent and received from your mobile device according to the terms and conditions in your Customer Agreement with Mobile Carriers. All terms and conditions of Twitter.com apply. Twitter is not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same mobile phone or Twitter account. Entry into the Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other Sweepstakes. You understand that by participation in this Sweepstakes via mobile phone or text message, if you are a potential winner, the Sponsor may contact you via mobile phone or text message, which will be subject to the charges pursuant to your carrier's rate plan. It is your sole responsibility to notify the Sponsor in writing if you change your Account.
Mail-in Entry: Entry is also available without submitting a tweet, by hand printing your name, complete mailing address (no P.O. Boxes), day and evening phone numbers, date of birth, email address (optional), on a 3” x 5” piece of paper and send it in a hand-addressed, stamped envelope to: Continental Tire 2016 What’Cha Got Sweeps entry c/o Revolution, ATTN: KO, 600 W. Chicago Ave., Ste 220, Chicago, IL 60654. VT residents may omit postage. Entries must be postmarked by November 12, 2015 and received by November 18, 2015 to be eligible for the Grand Prize random drawing. Limit one entry per envelope.
No purchase, entry fee, payment, or proof-of-purchase necessary to participate. There is a limit of one (1) entry per day per entrant regardless of entry method used to enter. Entries that do not comply with these Official Rules will be disqualified, at Sponsor's sole discretion. No correspondence regarding Entries will be entered into with entrants. Entries received that are illegible, incorrect, incomplete, late, undecipherable, postage due or are not submitted by Twitter or the mail-in entry method outlined above will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for entries received that are unintelligible, incomplete, misdirected, received in a damaged or corrupted file, lost, late or postage due, all of which will be disqualified. Proof of transmission (such as a “confirming” message) of the Sweepstakes entry does not constitute proof of submission/delivery. All eligible entries must be submitted according to these Official Rules no later than 11:59:59 PM ET on November 12, 2015. An entry will not be considered complete if the entrant’s tweet has not completed uploading by the deadline noted above, even if the entrant initiated the upload before that time. By entering in the Sweepstakes, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes. Each entry registration submitted must be manually key stroked and manually entered by the individual entrant; automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of entries (including but not limited to entries made using any script, macro, bot or Sweepstakes service) will be disqualified.
Any individual who attempts to enter, or in the sole discretion of Sponsor is suspected of submitting entries in excess of the disclosed maximum, by any means, including but not limited to establishing multiple accounts, will be disqualified from participation in this Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute over the identity of any potential winner, the entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the Twitter account submitted at the time of entry, and potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of such account. The authorized account holder is deemed as the natural person assigned by an Internet access provider, service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning Twitter accounts and email accounts. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Sponsor in writing if the entrant changes his or her email address during the Sweepstakes Period. Proof of accessing the Continental Tire Sweepstakes entry pages via Twitter does not constitute proof of delivery to serve as a Sweepstakes entry. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned to entrant.
By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant represents that the Entry submitted is the sole and exclusive property of the entrant and that you have all necessary rights to grant a license to the Sponsor to publish and re-use your tweet for any purpose without compensation and that you hereby grant such license together with the right to use your name. Sponsor has the right in its sole discretion to disqualify and/or not to post on the Website any tweet that Sponsor determines does not or may not comply with the foregoing requirements. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for disputes between persons claiming authorship of the Entry. Entrant agrees to the use of their Entry by Sponsor in any way Sponsor deems appropriate, including any and all media, and that such individuals will sign all necessary documents granting Sponsor these rights if required by Sponsor. Entries must be in English. Entries must be suitable for distribution in a public forum (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), and may not reflect negatively on the Sponsor or its products. Entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification at Sponsor's sole discretion. No correspondence regarding Entries will be entered into with entrants. Winner will be required, as a condition of being awarded a prize, to grant the Sponsor the right to use their name, entry, image, likeness, voice, comments, prize information and biographical information, (collectively, the “Attributes“) as well as exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to exercise the copyright and any other rights entrant has in the winning entry, for advertising, publicity and promotion purposes in any media now known or hereafter devised without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
4) NOTIFICATION OF GRAND PRIZE WINNER:
The Grand Prize random drawing will be conducted on or about November 19, 2015, by Marden-Kane, Inc., an independent judging organization, whose decisions on all matters related to the Sweepstakes drawing shall be final and binding. The Sweepstakes winner will be selected by random drawing from all eligible entries received. A participant selected as a potential Sweepstakes winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these official rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
Potential Winner is subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential Winner via email/phone number provided at time of entry. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be required to complete, notarize and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Travel Release and where lawful, a Publicity Release along with the IRS Form W-9 (collectively, the "Release Forms") within four (4) days of notification of winning the Prize. Failure to return Release Forms timely, or if Prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, or if Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, may result in disqualification with an alternate Grand Prize Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules. As required by law, for any prize over $600, the Grand Prize Winner is required to furnish his or her social security number that will be used only for the purpose of reporting the Winner’s prize earnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
Grand Prize Winner's travel companion must complete, notarize and return a Travel Companion Liability Release, and where lawful, a Travel Companion Publicity Release (collectively, the "Travel Companion Release Forms") prior to issuance of travel documents. Failure to return Travel Companion Release Forms at the same time as the Potential Prize Winner’s Release Forms may prevent your travel companion from participating in the trip. If guest of the Winner is a minor, guest must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian (who must be the Winner and such parent or legal guardian will be required to execute and return such release prior to ticketing).
Failure to complete and return the documents in the time noted or if prize notification is undeliverable will result in disqualification, and an alternate winner will be selected and notified. Upon disqualification, no compensation will be awarded.
5) PRIZE: There will be one (1) Grand Prize awarded as follows:
Grand Prize will consist of two (2) trips: First trip is for Winner and guest to the city with the team having the highest remaining seed in the MLS playoffs that includes: Round-trip coach air transportation from major U.S. gateway airport closest to Winner’s residence; three-day, two night hotel accommodations (1 room, double occupancy) tentatively scheduled for the first or second weekend of December 2015; Two (2) tickets to the MLS Cup Final game to be played in the city with the team that is the highest remaining seed in the MLS playoffs. Second Trip is for Winner and guest to the production of What’Cha Got in January/February of 2016 and includes Round-trip coach air transportation from major U.S. gateway airport closest to Winner’s residence; three-day, two night hotel accommodations (1 room, double occupancy) and the opportunity for Winner to participate in the 2016 What’Cha Got production. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize package: $7,000. Any difference between actual value of Grand Prize and ARV stated herein will not be awarded. The Winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to their airline tickets/game tickets included as part of the Prize package, as noted above, after it has been delivered.
Actual value of trip may vary based on point of departure and actual dates of travel. Certain travel restrictions may apply. If a winner resides within a 200 mile radius of host city, ground transportation may be provided in lieu of air transportation and no compensation or substitution will be provided for difference in prize value. Grand Prize Winner and guest will be required to travel together on the same itinerary. Winner and guest must be available to travel on dates specified and travel arrangements must be made through the travel agent. The travel agent will determine the airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. Any changes made to trip itinerary after the trip is booked will be at the expense of the winner. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of any expenses incurred by winner (such as hotel accommodations, meals, ground transportation) as a result of the cancellation or delay of any flight except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes, and those set forth by the travel agent’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. The Winner and his/her travel companion are responsible for providing government issued photo identification in order to travel by air as well as travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) that they may wish to obtain (at their own expense) and hereby acknowledge that the Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Should the game portion of prize be canceled, postponed or in any way abbreviated, the Sponsor shall have no liability or further obligation to the Winner other than to supply the trip as described, minus the game tickets. Seat locations will be determined by the Sponsor or its designated agent. The Sponsor, and/or any other relevant party, reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to any Winner and/or guest who engages in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the game or at the hotel. The terms and conditions of the tickets awarded as prizes will govern in the event the game is not played due to weather, an act of God, threat or act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. Sponsor makes no representations of any kind concerning the appearance, safety, or performance of any part of the Prize. Prize will be accepted “as is” and cash cannot be substituted for any ticket prize unless otherwise agreed by the Sponsor. Unused game tickets cannot be refunded, exchanged for cash value or substitute tickets or applied towards tickets for any subsequent years. No responsibility is assumed by Sweepstakes Entities for any cancelled rescheduled, delayed or postponed game in whole or in part. Meals, ground transportation, gratuities and all other costs and expenses not specified herein, if any, are the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
6) PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Prize is non-transferable, non-assignable and substitution will not be allowed, except as expressly provided in these Official Rules or otherwise at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a Prize with one of equal or greater approximate value or comparable use should the advertised Prize become unavailable for any reason (except as already clarified herein). The Prize cannot be redeemed for cash, in whole or in part, sold, transferred or sub-leased to any other person before delivery. Winner will be responsible for all taxes, income taxes and/or sales taxes (federal, state and local) and all other expenses not specifically mentioned here related to acceptance and use of the Prize. A 1099 Miscellaneous Tax Form will be issued to the winner for the actual value of the Prize for the tax year in which it was awarded. Any photographs of the Grand Prize package in promotional materials are for illustrative purposes only. Actual details and components of the Prize awarded may differ from the Prize being advertised. Federal, state, and local taxes, and any expenses relating to the acceptance and use of the Prize not otherwise specified herein, are the responsibility of the Prize Winner.
Due to any unforeseen circumstances, Sponsor may choose at their sole discretion not to feature the Grand Prize winner in the 2016 What'Cha Got Production or if Winner declines participation, that part of the prize will be forfeited.
All Entrants acknowledge and agree that the Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to disqualify any Potential Grand Winner or Alternate at any time, in their sole discretion, on the basis of anything contained in or learned or obtained as a result of any background check, submitted Releases, or any other forms requested by the Sweepstakes Entities that, in their sole opinion, would constitute a
breach of these Official Rules or otherwise.
7) CONDUCT: This Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws/regulations. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and/or the judges that shall be final and binding in all respects. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual suspected of tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND COSTS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. SPONSOR’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY TERM OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF THAT OR ANY OTHER PROVISION.
8) LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sweepstakes Entities, assume no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or any combination thereof, or; (e) any injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person's electronic device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download any materials in the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part, and award the prize in a random drawing among all non-suspect eligible entries received as of the termination date. The Sponsor will not be responsible for acts of God, dangerous weather conditions, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other matters beyond the Sponsor's reasonable control (each a “Force Majeure” event) that may cause the cancellation or postponement of the Sweepstakes.
9) ENTRANT RELEASES: All entrants, as a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, agree to release officers, directors and employees of Continental Tire the Americas, LLC and its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, distributors, suppliers, printers, application developers, advertising, promotional and judging agencies or other persons engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this Sweepstakes, from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with accessing the Sweepstakes page; submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes; the receipt, ownership, use, misuse or non-use of Grand Prize awarded; preparing for, participating in or traveling to and/or from any prize-related activity, or any human, typographical or other inadvertent error in these Official Rules or the announcement of offering of prize. Sponsor makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, safety, or performance of prize. Except for residents of Tennessee and wherever else prohibited by law, the Winner grants to Sponsor the right to print, publish, broadcast and use the winner’s name, city, state, biographical information, voice, photograph or other likeness and statements related to prize acceptance/use, for public relations/promotional/media events about the Sweepstakes along with any other related advertising purposes, as may be determined by Sponsor, in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, including but not limited to social media and the World Wide Web, without compensation unless prohibited by law. Acceptance of prize irrevocably grants to Sweepstakes Entities the right to use any recordings/Photographs/Videos resulting from these public relations/promotional/media events. The rights hereby granted to Sweepstakes Entities include the perpetual, exclusive and unencumbered right to use, not use, edit, reproduce, publicly and privately display, create derivative works based upon, distribute, telecast, publish, promote, market, and otherwise exhibit the Videos/Photograph worldwide, at discretion of Sweepstakes Entities, without approval of winner.
In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials, and terms and conditions stated in the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control and the discrepancy will be resolved in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
10) DISPUTES: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for South Carolina or the appropriate South Carolina State Court; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of South Carolina.
11) SPONSOR: Continental Tire the Americas, LLC, 1830 MacMillan Park Drive, Fort Mill, SC 29707.
12) WINNER: To obtain the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Continental Tire 2016 What’Cha Got Sweepstakes winner c/o Revolution, ATTN: KO, 600 W. Chicago Ave., Ste 220, Chicago, IL 60654. Requests for the name of the winner must be received no later than December 18, 2015.
13) OFFICIAL RULES: Full official Sweepstakes rules are available at: http://www.continentaltire.com/mls-all-star-sweepstakes-terms-conditions