Nothing says America like a good old fashioned burger! Americans consume more than 50 billion burgers a year and whether you top it with cheese, ketchup, mustard or something more unconventional like an egg, there are a million different ways to make a burger. Bonus, it can be served with a side of fries, onion rings, coleslaw, potato salad, chips….the possibilities are endless. And let’s be honest, a road trip is one of the best times to partake in American’s favorite sandwich. On National Hamburger Day we thought it was only appropriate to highlight some of our favorite burger joints across the country. Put those Continental tires to work and head out to your favorite burger spot today, or maybe one of ours. Happy National Hamburger Day!
(These are in no particular order)
1. Mission Bowling Club (San Francisco, California) – Try the Mission Burger, a favorite among chef’s nationwide.
2. Brindle Room (New York, New York) – We’re a fan of this restaurants namesake, the Brindle Burger.
3. Sid’s Diner (El Reno, Oklahoma) – Give the Onion Fried Burger a try!
4, The Platte River Grill (Littleton, Colorado) – Do yourself a favor and try the Poblano Chili Strip & Pepperjack Burger.
5. Hopdoddy Burger Bar (Austin, TX) – You can’t go wrong with the Classic Burger.
6. Winstead’s (Kansas City, MO) – Our choice, the Double Winstead.
7. Solly’s Grille (Milwaukee, WI) – We stick to what we know here, the Original Solly.
8. Santa Fe Bite (Santa Fe, New Mexico) – A little out of the burgerbox but the Green Chile Cheeseburger is the bomb.
9. Holsteins (Las Vegas, NV) – The Steakhouse Burger is on point!
10. Burger Republic (Nashville, Tennessee) – The Jalapeno Popper Burger. You’re welcome.
**BONUS – In-N-Out Burger. Yes, that’s right. Because whenever we’re in California with the IMSA Series, that’s the first and last stop for many racers. It’s a cult classic.
Where’s your favorite burger joint? Tell us about your fav on Twitter @continentaltire using, #ForWhatYouDo.